GRANITE COUNTERTOP MAINTENANCE
The natural stone you have purchased for your home is an investment that will give you many years of beautiful service. Stone is a natural product and simple care and maintenance will keep it looking beautiful. Here are some recommendations for routine care and cleaning:
- Clean stone surfaces with a few drops of neutral cleaner or mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water.
- Use a clean rag for best results.
- Do not use too much cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks.
- Do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar or other acids on the granite, the high acid content may etch the surface.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth.
- Wipe up spills on granite as quickly as possible.
- Do not use scouring powders or creams; For a longer lasting finish the surface can be sealed to reduce its natural porosity. Granite sealer should be reapplied every 6 months after cleaning.